Therapeutic Massage, administered by Corinne A. Hodes, Licensed Massage Therapist under doctor's supervision for Chiropractic patients or private clients who seek massage work only. Massage is not only a great stress reliever but complements the other services and therapies we provide. Therapeutic Massage is also useful in the following areas:
- Relaxes tight muscles and eases aches
- Promotes deeper and more restful sleep
- Boosts the immune system
- Reduces blood pressure and relieves stress
- Promotes greater alertness in mental functioning
- Increases circulation and flexibility
- Improves muscle tone
- Alleviates discomfort during pregnancy
- Expedites healing of strained muscles and sprained ligaments
- Reduces pain and swelling
- Reduces formation of excessive scar tissue
- Reduces muscle spasms
- Provides greater joint flexibility and range of motion
- Enhances athletic performance; treats injury caused during sport or work
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing
- Helps relieve tension-related headaches and the effects of eye-strain
- Enhances skin and nourishment
- Improves posture
- Rehabilitation post-operative
- Rehabilitation after injury
Massage therapy bring other benefits as well.
Mental Benefits of Massage
- Fosters peace of mind
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Helps relieve mental stress
- Improves ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Provides emotional benefits
- Fosters a feeling of well-being
- Reduces anxiety levels
- Creates body awareness
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection
Corinne A. Hodes, LMT
Corinne A. Hodes, Licensed Massage Therapist has 21 years experience as a Massage Therapist. Prior to attending massage school, she graduated from Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven, CT in 1989 with a Bachelor's Degree in Science. She worked with seniors and mentally and physically challenged individuals in profit and non-profit organizations.
In 1993, she graduated from the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy in Newington, CT She has worked with her husband, Dr. Scott A. Hodes in his Chiropractic Offices ever since, working with chiropractic as well as private clients providing various types of massage treatments.
In 2013, she completed Advanced Training in Oncology Massage with Tracy Walton and Associates in Boston, MA. In 2014, she completed additional training with Tracy Walton & Associates in an Advanced Mentorship Program for Oncology Massage. She continues to grow her practice with oncology patients and looks forward to taking additional training to further her knowledge & provide massage services to individuals with a history of cancer or those in cancer treatment.
Corinne is committed to helping patients/clients experience comfort in the body, stillness in the mind and a sense of well-being.
Types of Massage Sessions Offered
Therapeutic is a full body or area-specific massage concentrated on any problem areas.
Swedish is the most popular massage. It is very calming and relaxing and will de-stress your entire body. Long, smooth, gliding strokes are used to perform this technique.
Balsalt Stones are heated and applied to the body to penetrate deep into the muscles. They encourage deep relaxation. Swedish massage is incorporated with the treatment.
Deep Tissue is an intense technique used to help release chronic muscle tension and discomfort. Slower strokes and greater pressure is applied to target deeper layers of muscle.
Oncology Massage is massage on individuals with a history of cancer or a diagnosis of cancer. It can reduce anxiety; ease pain & studies even suggest reduce nausea.
$60.00 - one hour massage
$30.00 - 1/2 hour massage
Gift Certificates Available